Saturday, May 10, 2008

Comfort

Maybe it's just me, but I seem to run the other direction when it comes to comfort. I don't mean comfort as in my bed, sofa, or desk chair (which sucks by the way). I mean emotional comfort. Obviously I'm willing to admit that I turn to food for comfort, but I can't really say that I turn to people very much. I see myself more as "venting" to my friends but not really seeking out comfort from them. I almost just need an ear to listen more than the physical closeness of being comforted. (i.e. hugs, etc.) This drives my boyfriend absolutely insane. His immediate reaction is to swoop me up and surround me with hugs, kisses, etc. My immediate reaction, on the other hand, is to just take some time, process everything around me and then seek out comfort. I have been told that because I'm so independent I'm just naturally like this, but I think it has something to do with my lack of trusting others.

Hmmm...

Who needs therapy, when I've got a blog?

1 comment:

GLM said...

Sometimes being allowed to vent is all the comfort one requires.