Monday, August 18, 2008

Wet weekend

This past weekend my Aunt and her 3 kids came down from the small east Texas town, Center, and we went to Schlitterbahn Galveston. I've been wanting to go for a while now, ever since it opened actually and never made it until Saturday. Man was it wet...duh right? Well it was especially wet since it RAINED on us the entire time we were there. I was pretty bummed about it but the kids didn't really miss a beat and since we were at a waterpark anyway...what difference did it really make? On the other hand, I must be getting old because my feet were killing me by the end of the day and on Sunday I was having some serious muscle pains in my chest/shoulder area. I can only imagine that pain was caused by us trying desperately to hold on to the other kids' tubes while we floated on the "lazy river". BTW, it's not very "lazy" if you are trying to hold on to kiddos the whole time...it's more work actually. Nevertheless, we had a great time in spite of the rain and I look forward to going back...

No comments: