Friday, January 30, 2009

Oxymoron = Marriage Prep

Tonight and tomorrow, Scott and I will be going to Second Baptist's Marriage Prep Seminar. As I was telling someone about it, I thought....marriage prep, what an oxymoron. I'm guessing that even though I've been in many relationships, NOTHING can "prepare" me for marriage. However, it is very possible that I will gain some much needed insight.

Below is the list of topics that are said to be covered:
  • marital expectations
  • communication
  • differences and needs of a man/woman
  • predicting a successful marriage
  • love languages
  • preventing an affair
  • conflict resolution
  • becoming soul mates
  • the engagement covenant
  • wedding vows
  • finances
  • blending families
  • dealing with in-law issues and more....

I will keep you posted on what I thought about it all.

1 comment:

Trix in the Stix said...

And this is why I'm eloping when & if I do get married!

OK... not eloping, eloping... but getting married in another country... with a beach!