Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Everything and Nothing

Everything and Nothing on my mind these days:

Does everyone realize that their friends are not what you thought at some point?

How close would everyone have to be at a left-hand turning lane to the car in front of them to get an acceptable amount of cars through?

Why do you put up such a fake persona in the elevator? Is it really that hard to ride in silence for 30 seconds without the chit-chat?

Why can't stores fine/charge extra for the morons having more than 10 items in the express lane? Maybe if they had to pay extra, they'd be more courteous of others?

I'm out of tape at home. Back-to-school month is NOT a good time to shop for home office supplies. I'll suffer without...

Does anyone really care to hear about how your day REALLY is going or are they just being polite? I mean, most of my friends don't remember to ask how things in my life are going. What makes me think anyone else does?

Why does the Post Office smell funny? Why are the workers there so old-looking? Stress?

Are "Smart Cars" really that smart to drive on the freeway?

I keep hearing crickets outside my bedroom window. Not something I expected in Katy, TX. So I asked Scott, "What eats crickets that's not doing its job lately?". He just laughed.

Do parents teach their sons to hold open the doors for women anymore?

I'd love to try roller derby but I don't have an "outfit".

Why do you drive the entire commute home without having to pee, but the minute you walk in the door you nearly have an accident trying to turn off the security alarm?

What do you mean you don't like chocolate?

I wish my car horn didn't sound so whiney. I'd like to really scare someone with an intimidating honk every now and then.

I feel pressured into using exclamation points in emails these days!! Two seems sufficient though...thank goodness!!

Will any other chain coffee company rival Starbucks in my lifetime?

Most days I really do quack myself up.

Why am I such a sucker for the Lifetime Movie channel? All the movies are the same, with the same plot, same ending....

Some guy in my office has the NFL theme song as a ringtone... I have anxiety attacks every time I hear it. I automatically say "I was watching that" and everyone looks at me funny.

Being a grown-up is not that much fun. In fact, my lack of denial about this fact as a teen somehow didn't prepare me for it.

Have we really not progressed technologically to have some machine to dress us everday a la The Jetsons? Bummer....

No comments: