Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Blessings

I often forget just how blessed I am. Don't we all? From the little blessings to the really big ones...I take them for granted most of the time. How do I quit doing that? I mean, I don't want to be that person that is consistently wishing for things that my neighbor has, I want to be happy with what I have! Maybe it's a learned trait that requires immense practice and I simply have not had enough practice at the young age of 27? :)

Whatever the reason, I read 2 sayings that I try to remember when I'm having the "Jones Syndrome".
  • The grass is always greener on the other side...but that's because they water it.
  • If everyone laid out their problems on the table, you'd almost always take yours back.

I will pray to keep being reminded of the blessings I do have and not covet my neighbor's blessings.

No comments: