Friday, September 11, 2009

I feel like the Karate Kid

It's been a while since I've seen the Karate Kid but I vaguely remember a scene where he has to paint something. Using a paintbrush he goes up and down over and over....anyone with me? Well, to say I feel like that lately is an understatement. As you might know, my husband and I had the bright idea to paint about 5 rooms in our new house prior to actually moving in.

No problem, piece of cake.....

Ha-
ha-
ha...

Soooooo not the case. And we've only finished 1 room!! The biggest room, according to my husband that is, took 2 gallons of "Rye" Behr brand paint and 2 evenings of our week. I'm exhausted and I have several globs of paint on my nails, legs, and feet that no amount of scrubbing could get off. The room looks nice but since it's empty I keep second guessing myself that the color is a good choice without being too blah. As a woman, you how this blah feeling can really ruin your decor.

If you've never painted, I can assure you, choosing from the hundreds of paint colors can be overwhelming. Just ask Scott. He can attest to that fact as I've painted 5 different squares of varying shades of brown on the wall in the office. Besides being too dark, pink, red, and green, there is really nothing wrong with any of them. None just feel right yet. We might have found a winner last night but I need to check it out during the daylight hours....will keep you posted.

-Until the next painting adventure....

No comments: