Friday, June 6, 2008

Payday

I couldn't remember if when our Friday payday falls on a holiday if we got paid on Thursday or Monday, so I asked out loud. (Keep in mind that I sit on a trade floor with lots of people and no privacy.) Everyone is not in the same department, has different supervisors and other rules regarding pay structure, etc.

The following is the true conversation involving my work neighbors you might find humorous in response to my question:

Neighbor #1: It doesn't matter because it won't be on the 15th or last day of the month

Me: ...we get paid different though, every other Friday though

Neighbor #2: Well, I don't know, but if it falls on a weekend I thought we had to wait until Monday

Me: Oh, you get paid like Neighbor #1 then?

Neighbor #2: No, i get paid every other Friday like you

Me: Oh, ok

--Then she said it again a couple of minutes later. So I finally said what we were all thinking.

Me: Um, if you get paid every other Friday then it NEVER falls on the weekend

She didn't say anything else and I thought you know, this is like a "here's your sign" moment!!!

No comments: