Thursday, December 4, 2008

Update: Wedding

By now everyone has ordered their dresses and hopefully they will be here as scheduled...thank goodness, I was paranoid there for a while some of the bridesmaids might wait too long to order their dress. Oh well, crisis averted for the moment I think.



I'm going this Saturday with my mom to the florist in Conroe to meet with the wedding consultant. Hopefully it goes better than it did when we met with the owner of the flower shop. She wasn't very helpful and had no clue about weddings or flowers related to weddings...wish us better luck this go around.



I met with my friend Amber right before Thanksgiving since she was in town from New York. We talked a lot about the invitations, programs, etc. She said she was going to start working on them as soon as she got back home. The sample one she made was so pretty and very special since she's doing it all by hand. I just need to pick out some paper for the programs and some for the favors. For those of you that don't know, I'm making these sour cream containers for favors and I'm going to fill them with some kind of candy and a little thank you note. My Stampin Up Demonstrator, Bev, offered to have a little workshop at her house for all of us to make them together. I guess I do have a little bit of a crafty side...just as long as I have a goal in mind. :)



Other than that, not a whole lot of things going on right now with the wedding. Scott is going to be out of town for work most of February so I might try to schedule my bridal portraits then. We had decided to take engagement pictures sometime in January but I'm running out of weekends already.... The majority of the pictures will be outside so I can only hope that the weather cooperates for whatever day we pick. He's narrowed down the resort we are going to for our honeymoon. I'll let you know when it is all finalized. I don't want to jinx it by saying too much since I did that with the Sandals Resort in Antigua and we are NOT going there now unless we win the lotto. The place he found is very nice and looks soooo relaxing, it will be great!

No comments: