Friday, September 26, 2008

Hurricane Ike

By now, things would seem to get back to normal after Hurricane Ike, but it is SLOW to happen. The truth is, many people at the office are still living without power and everything is anything but normal. I am very blessed to have had power since 9/15. Living so close to the Galleria helped matters apparently because the shopping giant was open 2 days after the storm. I don't know, it's really hard to tell the rhyme or reason to what is going on.

My family is still without power and the lack of electricity, crammed living space, and the small fortune they are spending on gas for the generators is wearing on them emotionally and physically. I continue to pray and do all I can to be there for them but I know it is still hard. Hopefully the weekend will bring nice weather AND restored power to many.

No comments: