Saturday, September 27, 2008

New Hobby

Before the mad chaos of Hurricane Ike, I found a new hobby in being creative with Stampin Up. My friend Amber has been involved in it for a while now and she makes the greatest stuff. Mostly I get cards from her but on her blog you can see many kinds of creative creations she's made. I don't know how to completely describe it other than it is similar to scrapbooking but not always involving pictures/photo albums.

So, after looking at the products online, I located a Demonstrator of Stampin Up in my area named Bev. Take a look at her website: www.bevvictory.stampinup.net I didn't know how much interest I would have at first but after the September monthly meeting, I was hooked. I wanted to buy the whole catalog and start making cards. Bev is really organized and showed us how to use different techniques using various products and we ended up making 3 cards. I was so pleased with my creations that I decided to take a leap and start buying some craft supplies. Who knew that I could get so involved in something as simple as paper, ribbon and glue? Needless to say, I'm anxiously awaiting my order and I cannot WAIT until the October meeting!

No comments: