Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Not as fun as I thought

This past weekend Scott and I decided to work on our registries since we are running out of free weekends for the next couple of months. Honestly, it was not as much fun as I thought it would be. Maybe I am guilty of over-thinking it, maybe it was just too overwhelming, but whatever it was it was not fun.

I thought long and hard about choosing a variety of items in varying price ranges, things I wanted versus things I needed, and most of all taking Scott's preference (or lack of) into account. We sailed through picking out china patterns, stemware and flatware with ease. Unfortunately it was the more fun items like sheets, oven thermometers, and toasters that proved too much for our patience. At any rate, we've finally finished the bulk of the decisions and our selections can be found online at Bed, Bath & Beyond and Macy's.

I think being engaged is fun, and I'll no doubt think getting some of these gifts will be fun, but I cannot wait to settle down into a comfortable routine of marriage! All the planning and the stress that comes with it is just annoying some days.

1 comment:

GLM said...

Could it be that it was easier to choose things you would not be using or seeing very often? I mean seriously, who uses their wedding china. Thank goodness I never had any. It would probably have ended up in about the same place and state as the wedding video (another story for another time...lol.)

I can see where picking items that will be frequently in sight and used, such as a toaster and sheets would require more thought and maybe some negotiation or coin-flipping. It's practice for that routine you're looking forward to settling into. Have fun!