Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Several things

Just some random notes:

One of my brother-in-law's wedding down....one still to go. We are flying out early Friday morning and being picked up in Little Rock for the 2 hour trek to the lodge. I'm looking forward to getting to see some family of Scott's this time around since I've been through the stress of meeting them already.

Scott and I have been "playing house" for over a week now. He had no where else to stay since his brother and two other people are in his one bedroom apartment. It's been a nice taste of what I imagine our daily married life will be like I hope. It's a huge relief to know that he is so helpful. I can already tell that if he didn't help out I'd be stressed.

I went to vote yesterday. My coworker and I looked up the closest place for early voting and stood in line for about 30-45 minutes I guess. Not too bad, but I remember it wasn't nearly that long four years ago. I felt a HUGE sense of pride knowing that I did what so many women died never getting to do. It was great...

I finally had the chance to use a gift card from my birthday at Old Navy and bought 3 shirts. I only had to make up a difference of $0.34!!!! Woohoo, go me!

This cooler weather has put me in the best mood. I've had my a/c off for 2 days now and just sleeping with the window open in the bedroom. It's been perfect... Riding with my sunroof open on my car is a big deal too since that opportunity rarely happens in Texas. I LOVE cold weather!

A very dear friend of mine attended a Women of Faith conference this weekend. She said it was phenomenal and told me that I need to try to go next year (which I plan to do). She was also sweet enough to buy me a book/cd combo by Mandisa. She was American Idol a couple of years ago and the book tells of her journey before that and how God used her experience to change her life. It's a good book (Idol Eyes) so far and the cd is fantastic!

Okay, I've hit all the highlights I wanted to share...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, thanks Crystal. I'm a "very dear friend" of yours...Woohoo, go me!!!