Thursday, October 9, 2008

Winnie the Pooh


I absolutely adore Winnie the Pooh and all the characters. I used to watch the old cartoons over and over until the tape was nearly worn out. My mom said when I was a baby my room was decorated with Winnie the Pooh stuff and I guess that's where the fascination started.

I remember my dad used to quote lines from the cartoon to us like "Happy Wednesday Pooh" or whenever it rained he'd sat "Tut, tut, looks like rain". I find myself still saying that every once in a while.

Anyway, while looking for a new signature line quote for my email account, I ran across a couple that I thought were funny and very true:

*If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It simply may be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear. ---Winnie the Pooh

*It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words, but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?"

1 comment:

GLM said...

Ha, too funny. I've always been a big Eeyore fan myself. When I was little, I had a record - you know, those round things made of black vinyl with grooves in them to make sounds -- of Winnie the Pooh that I listened to all the time. My nannie would get sick of hearing the thinking cap song - it was my favorite.

I still often say, "Oh bother" when something is mildly troublesome, and "Thanks for noticing me..."