Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A twitch...

We've all had them...those lovely eye spasms that make you feel like the whole world notices your eye moving erratically. I used to get them a lot but that slacked off over the years.

Now I'm sad to report I feel like a first class reject because my eye has been twitching intermittently for almost 4 days. When I can, I've tried to catch myself in the mirror and SEE the twitching...so far, no luck. I keep interrupting my poor friends yelling, "can you see it, it's twitching RIGHT NOW".

Haha, and of course, they could never see it. I guess they couldn't see movement because either A) the movement is so fleeting, or B) the movement is extremely subtle that no one notices it.

So again, after many interruptions in my day, I'm sitting here feeling like a retard because no one (not even me) can see the stupid eye twitch. And even though no one can see it, all you have to do is say that you have an eye twitch and everyone says "ohhhhhhhhh, I HATE those". Well, at least I'm not alone right?

In case you are wondering, the top rated causes of eye twitching are:
  • Fatigue or lack of sleep
  • Over consumption of caffeine
  • Physical or emotional stress
  • Anxiety or phobias
  • Brain damage or other neurological disorders
  • Associated with temper tantrums (especially in children)
  • Eye stress associated with extended viewing of the computer screen
  • Epilepsy

Wonder which one of these is the culprit this time? Ummmmm....I'll guess more than one given the recent events of my week.

No comments: