Saturday, February 28, 2009

Hope & Faith

A while back I blogged about not making people a priority in my life that clearly did not do the same for me. Well I've tried to do a better job of it lately but the closer my wedding gets, the harder it is. I am honestly not surprised by the actions of those around me most of the time, but nevertheless, I am surprised that I continue to let myself be disappointed by their actions. Why? Knowing that someone is going to probably let you down and disappoint you, does not automatically mean it hurts less.

I guess it boils down to being hopeful and having faith. I am always hopeful that a situation will not turn out as I imagine, but it usually does. Maybe my faith in God allows me to continue to have hope in others around me. Otherwise, why would I continually be so hurt emotionally?

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him."

No comments: