Sunday, February 8, 2009

Thoughts on marriage prep

Well I've had about a week to mull over the things we discussed in our Marriage Prep seminar last weekend. My initial reaction is that they should come up with a t-shirt that says "I survived Marriage Prep and got married anyway". There were a lot of moments that I thought ya know, these are not fun questions to answer. And of course, if they aren't fun to answer, they will certainly not be much fun to deal with in real life. My favorite piece of information was that you potentially have the next 50 years of your life to work through, practice, and learn everything you can about each other, good and bad. I guess I thought that was comforting because no one is expecting or suggesting that we will get it right away. Everything comes with time....

Overall, I would highly recommend it to any couple. I can see some true benefits to taking this seminar either when you are dating, engaged, or even after you are married. Because if we took care of our personal relationships as much as we took care of everything else, would the divorce rate be so high?

No comments: